Sunday, October 17, 2010

True Love, a bedtime story.

I often hear it but I hardly see it;
We all seek it, but few may grasp it.
He said/she said:”I want to live it, explore it, and sing it”.
But all that humming is for the moment being, since all we desire is a fling.
I will seek the deepest desire for my flesh but not for my soul,
I will dream of our perfect evening,
But nightmares of a “forever love” will not haunt my evenings,
Since all I want for the time being is a fling.

How do I see it?
Love is a prison and I was sentenced to forever,
I pleaded not guilty to unconditional loving,
But in the eyes of the jury I was looking romantically sorry.

Sadly true love ran out of our blood-pumping organ a while ago,
We chased it away with the lust of our bodies over the sacrifice of our hearts.
“Son, take women, grab wine and don’t you look behind for time will go by fast”,
Are the advices of the wise.
The days of real and true love are revoked and only our wellspring and ancestor hold the keys to such transcendence;
True love is in decay, fueled by the decadence of our near meaningful existence.

One day in disdain,
We will speak of True Love as a myth for it will be extinct,
A mere legend, turn bedtime story for our offspring.

By

Gael K.Somayire.

No comments:

Post a Comment