Monday, September 13, 2010

A walk in darkness

The day I lost you was the day light was taken from me,
And in darkness I was bonded to be,
Alone without a shadow for company.

Dead man walking…everybody said at the sight of me,
I was a leper whose skin was a reflection of his very own soul;
I was content with my situation since you were no more.

Blind to feelings,
I lost sight of happiness.
Melancholy accompanied me wherever I went,
And decay of my soul I slowly underwent.
I was shackled to the troubles of earth and couldn’t escape this fate.

I watched the diligences,
As they were coming for the utopian to take them to a place called hope.
But I couldn’t hop on it for hope was a distant relative I lost touch with,
And related we didn’t seem to be no more.

I walked in dusk,
Finding comfort in the shadow of the light,
And far away from dawn.
My name became a faded echo,
For they knew me as shade,
A wondering spirit in ache.

By

Gael K. Somayire.

No comments:

Post a Comment