Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Street dreams

Blood, bullets and greed thats the formula to succeed;
So I was told by a nigga from the streets.
Dope selling, cash flowing and groupies fondness is every street nigga dream.
A life of thug ruling, living like a king...shit thats more like it.

How about a life of peace and serenity?
Nigga please...I want that street dream!

How about school and academic achievements?
Nigga please...I want that street dream!

I want that street dream,
my gun will be the pen I write my every script in each corner of the streets,
and I will put my all in it to own these streets.

Is that how it's gonna be?
Maybe it will be blood, pain and jail as the aftermath for a dream?
Nigga please...my gun will anchor my street dreams.

What if life is taken from you, how is it gonna be?
Nigga please.....believe in not forgetting those who took a bullet while dealing, in chase of a dream.

What a price to pay to be a street king.
Is that my beast in the belly, my aspiration, my dream?
Nigga please...forget that street dream.

by

Gael K. Somayire.

No comments:

Post a Comment